Pasco EKG Technician Exam Prep
National Healthcareer Association EKG Technician (CET) Exam Preparation
The EKG exam-prep course consists of 12 classes taught over a 4 week period providing preparation assistance to sit for the National Healthcareer Association Certification (CET) exam. We are an approved NHA Testing Center.
Prior to enrollment, please review the NHA candidate Handbook to determine eligibility (pages 6-8) at NHA Handbook . The exam application process includes an attestation that each candidate read and agree to before sitting for an examination. All candidates will be bound by the attestation.
We offer a day or evening EKG exam-prep training course. Students will practice with training aids to build up confidence and will be provided the opportunity to perform hands-on EKG’s and develop interpretation skills. (“reading strips”)
EKG Technician Exam Preparation Includes:
- Preparing patients
- Proper EKG lead placement
- Expert care regarding the health and safety of patients
- Understanding of the medical and legal aspects
- Knowledge of heart anatomy and physiology
- Knowledge of the heart’s electrical conduction system
- EKG strip analysis (P, Q, R, S, and T waveform interpretation)
- Recognizing artifacts, troubleshooting, and tracing problems
- Utilizing practice EKS strips
- Performance of 12-lead placement, interpretation, and troubleshooting
Florida Statute 1005.02(9), F.S. “Examination preparation course” means a course or program that does not offer to confer a diploma, that is offered by a person or entity that discloses in all advertising that the course or program is for test preparation. This exam preparation course does not offer to confer a certificate or diploma, and does not provide job placement, or guarantee career advancement.
Next Start Date: TBD
Contact a friendly staff member at Pasco Medical Training to learn more about this class!