Pasco Phlebotomy Test Training
Looking to become a Phlebotomy Technician? Helping thousands of students develop their healthcare careers and enhance their skills in a short amount of time, Pasco Medical Training is proud to be a respected leader in healthcare training courses and programs in Florida. By focusing our attention on student needs, we help each participant successfully complete their Phlebotomy Technician training in as short of time as possible, enabling them to pass state exams and leading them into healthcare professions that are suited to their skills and ambitions.
What is Phlebotomy?
Phlebotomy, by definition, is the opening or puncture of a vein in order to withdraw blood or introduce a fluid. Phlebotomists are responsible for the drawing and collection of blood for lab testing in hospitals, medical offices, and assisted living facilities.
Phlebotomy Test Prep with Pasco Medical Training
Preparing you for work as a Certified Phlebotomist, our hands-on training programs help existing healthcare professionals and new students alike. By developing and enhancing their skills in blood draws, including basics such as venipuncture, circulatory functions and physiology, and lab collection procedures, our express prep courses includes both theory and hands-on classroom training.
Phlebotomy Test-Prep Course
The Phlebotomy Test Prep Course consists of courses which, over a three week period, prepare students for work as a Certified Phlebotomist, as well as provides preparation assistance for the National Phlebotomy Certification exam. This phlebotomy test-prep course is an option for students that are looking to increase their knowledge about phlebotomy or those looking for additional training to enhance their knowledge in the medical field, without having to go through a full program.
The day or evening Phlebotomy Test-Prep Training course will provide students with all the knowledge and skills needed to pass the exam. Students will practice with training aids to build up confidence and provide them with the opportunity to do live sticks within the classroom. This hands-on training provides the assurance needed to become a Certified Phlebotomist.
Classroom Training Includes:
- Phlebotomy Practice and Quality Assessment Standards
- Communication and Documentation
- Phlebotomy Medical Terminology and Anatomy
- Phlebotomy Equipment and Blood Draw Procedures
- Correct Order of Blood Draw, Tubes, and Additives
- Venipuncture Procedures
- Point-of-Care Testing and Special Blood Draw Procedures
- Common Lab Tests and Procedures
Hands-on Phlebotomy Test-Prep Training Includes:
- Initial practice with artificial training arms to gain basic knowledge of and comfort in properly working with the blood draw equipment and the blood draw procedure.
- Subsequent “live sticks” with instructor supervision.
- Practice “live sticks” using the most common blood draw techniques with a syringe, butterfly (winged infusion set), and vacutainer needles to ensure adequate preparation.
Once you have successfully completed the Phlebotomy Technician Prep course, you will be eligible to take the Certified Phlebotomy Technician National Exam through National Healthcareer Association (NHA).
Contact a friendly staff member at Pasco Medical Training to learn more about this program!